Monday, April 30, 2007

The First Morning

The first day I arrive, we decide to go to the Tsujiki fish market. It opens early in the morning so we woke up at 5:00am to get there on time! That was quite a feat for me for anyone that knows me!

The fish market is a gigantic warehouse. Imagine an area of a couple walmarts. Except all the merchandise is seafood! Inside there are carts, weird drum-cars (see the video), and people running around like mad to bring the daily catch in.

1. View from the center of the market


2. Doesn't he look friendly?


3. A bunch of little Fishies!

4. Tuna is Expensive!
5. Lobster! Yummy!

6. Shrimp to throw at Jordan!

7. Clams!

Here is a short walk-through video I took in the market:



After the fish market we decided to visit a sushi bar next door to have breakfast! Mmmm Jordan and Flat Coke this is what you can enjoy if you come visit us :)

We wanted to get the freshest items so we told the Sushi chef to order the items for us. We got a few items that we never had before. Here's some of the selection we had (I didnt take a picture of all of them):

1. Sweet Shrimp (Ama Ebi)

2. Another type of Shrimp

3. Sea Urchin!

4. I think it's Clam...

5. The salmon was only $1.50! Cindy would love it!

6. Baked Eel. Jordan can Handle this!

7. Don't know what it is!

8. I think it's squid tentacles!


Everything tasted great and was super fresh! I forgot to take a picture of the Salmon eggs. But for anyone that's had them before in the U.S. they are usually extremely salty. The ones here were not salty at all and they were great! It may be because they are fresh and don't need to be preserved? I'm not quite sure why.

We had quite a few items that we weren't quite sure what it was. This won't be the last time that happens either!

So... Did this post make you hungry???




7 comments:

Jane Doe said...

This did make me hungry!!! I would love the eel & salmon. Can't wait until the girls come down to CA and we get to take them for some real sushi.

Hope you two like it and don't have the upchuck reaction that my buddy did the other night!

Anonymous said...

Since I'm such a picky sushi eater this did make me hungry but I would like to add crunchies, roe, some shrimp sauce, and maybe crab. It looks delish!!

Whine Girl said...

Uhm. Yeah. I was hungry until we got to the baked eel and testicles below that.... *upchuck*

Ano the Blogger said...

Hey Amanda, wow looks like you know your sushi :) So it looks like the only one here that doesn't is Jordan!

Ok Jordan... You are eating sushi! By the way the EEL is Cooked!!! That should be the easiest one for you.

And comeon Jordan, we know you like the testicles! You can't play innocent to me. Don't make me dig into my chat log!

Anonymous said...

Jordan likes testicals...hilarious!!

Whine Girl said...

James if you post our chats.... well, just know that I will post somethings YOU sent me.

Like, you know... *pics* you took..of... stuff.

Ano the Blogger said...

You Wouldn't!!!