Thursday, May 17, 2007

Hakone Hot Springs!

Our next stop was the Hakone hot springs! Below is a picture of the hotel lobby. Sorry I couldn't get any pictures of the hot springs due to all the naked people running around! So you get to see pictures of the hotel, room, and food!

The ettiquette for hot springs is that you must be nekkid, and it's a giant public bath. Most of them split the ladies from the men, although some share a common bath. As enticing as a shared bath may sound for us guys -- what we end up seeing in those baths are old ladies who are there to check out the young guys who are there hoping to find hot girls (who rarely show)! lol. OH well! So we stuck to the split baths.

Funny Story -- as I was coming out of the bath back into the locker room I was surprised to see a lady there in front of the lockers. I thought I had walked into the wrong locker room oops!!! So I ran out to check and make sure i was in the right place! I was! It turns out the cleaning ladies roam about both the men and womens locker rooms. After the initial surprise wore off, us guys had to oblige them with our special poses :)

Once again its a pretty good deal. Most hot springs are around $110.00 or so. This gets you the hotel room, unlimited access to the hot spring baths, taxi service from the train station, dinner, and breakfast in the morning.



Below is a picture of our room. When you first enter they set up a tea table like this. When you go to dinner, they remove the table and replace it with Futons.

After you have your bath you go to dinner in your bath robe!

Our appetizer was some sort of a green tea custard/pudding:

Another appetizer, snails and Tofu:

You can't have a Japanese meal without some Sashimi or raw fish:

The next course I think is Lotus root topped with vegetables:

After that an herb crusted salmon:

Some rare beef:

Soup! I forgot what the white thing in there was. Probably an egg:

Chocolate cake and Ice cream for dessert:

Breakfast was buffet style. They had 2 buffets. A Japanese traditional breakfast and an american breakfast. I forgot to take pictures of it, but it was quite yummy too!

Not bad for $110.00 huh?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel food-deprived. American meals are so uncreative.

So I see you had a girl in the group. Did she join you guys in the co-ed baths? And what poses were you showing the cleaning ladies?

Jane Doe said...

I agree with Cindy...American food IS so uncreative after seeing all these pixs.

And I am curious too...what poses?!?!

Whine Girl said...

while I agree that american food is uncreative (but not in all restaurants.. SOME have good presentation/creativity, depending on where you've been).. BUT... I can't imagine eating half the food you took pics of.... but that's just me... I'd have to eat shrimp every single night

Anonymous said...

NEKKID???? No pics of the poses you did for the cleaning ladies? darn!

The rare beef looked the best to me...but then again you know I like me some MEAT!!!

Ano the Blogger said...

Cindy: You know, Manly poses to show off the best parts!

Kat: Yea american food presentation is very lacking short of going to a really fancy french restaurant!

Jordan: When you come to Cali we are going to expand your culinary tastes! The food you saw all tasted wonderful!

Hahaha Flat coke: how did I know that you would comment about MEAT? :D

And yes the rare beef was fantastic!

Anonymous said...

What about the GIRL? You didn't talk about the GIRL? Does silence imply an admission?

Ano the Blogger said...

Oops you're right! I forgot about mentioning the girl :)

No she didn't want to go to any coed baths lol. Actually during some of the pensions the bath houses are like that too -- public. And there is only one.

She would wait for us all to finish before taking her bath :)

Anonymous said...

And nobody snuck back in?! "Hey, did I leave my room key in here? Oops, oh hi!"