Thursday, May 31, 2007

Still Sick...

So the next day I was still feeling quite miserable. So I told my buddy that we should go somewhere that doesn't involve a lot of walking. He told me "no problem, we're only seeing 2 sight seeing things and it shouldn't be much walking". Cool, I thought.

So the first stop was this place, which is an old government site. It's a gigantic empty park to walk around in.
So we had to WALK across this park, which led us to this stream. According to the map there is a temple nearby we can see.

We had to WALK down this road:

And further down this road...

And even further down this road...

And more walking down the road... (This part was cool though cuz they had cherry blossoms along both sides of the road!)
After about a half mile or so we come to a sign that read "Temple, 2.5 kM ahead!" I was like.. Uhm.. I'm not going to make a 2.5km walk and then walk all the way back dude! I thought we weren't going to have much walking!?!?

He made some excuse that it looked like it was really nearby on the map. So we abandoned the temple , and got back on the bus and went to the next region.

.... Where I got to walk up these gigantic stone steps.


Which led to this very tall castle...

Where I walked flight after flight of steep, old-style wooden stairs. Did I mention I had a fever at the time and I was dizzy? Climbing the stairs was a challenge when i could barely walk straight!

I forgot to take pictures at this point except at the top of one of the buildings, I saw this cool hole in the wall. Apparently you are supposed to stick your gun out of this hole and shoot people as they approach! Fun!



This is the view from half way up on top of one of the smaller buildings:After all that climbing i was whiped, so it was back to the next hotel to recover. These past 2 days were the worst of being sick. After that I had a stuffed nose and a cough for the rest of the trip, which was OK so long as the sore throat and fever were gone!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I was in China, the tourguide would point out the difference architecture styles of the different thousands-years-old buildings, and she said that Japan's traditional architecture was taken from China's architecture from the Tang dynasty. It's neat to see your photos cuz I really do see the resemblance!!

Jane Doe said...

With a fever you still remember all the details and recall taking them....that means u must have been feeling a little better!

Love the road pix with the cherry blossom.

At my desk I actually have "Japanese Cherry Blossom" lotion from Bath & Body Works....ANOTHER KOINKIDINK! NOCE!

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh you poor thing! I hate you were so sick. Too bad you didn't have some antibiotics to knock that crap out. At least you were coherrent enough to snap a few photos.

Ano the Blogger said...

Hey Cindy, glad you got a chance to compare! Now send us some pictures of chinese architecture so I can see too! :)

Kitty Kat - Yea I was on the way to getting better, so at least I started remembering what I was doing this time around! Cherry Blossom lotion? Nice!! There were so many things in Japan that had cherry blossom essence in it. It's a really unique scent!

Flat Coke - yea, no drugs either. I was looking for cough syrup and i couldn't find any! Heck I couldn't find any cough drops at the 7-11s either :( No medicine. Luckily I brought a packet of tylenol cold with me which I used!