Sunday, May 20, 2007

Off to Seattle! And a food-filled weekend

I'm going to seattle for most of next week so I will not be able to edit Japan photos for posting! I did all sorts of fun stuff this weekend, so I'll write it up into 3 chunks and post them as I find internet access.

Friday night I went to Sushi Wasabi with Vanessa. Cindy had written about our last adventure there when we went as a group. As a reminder -- the special deal with sushi wasabi is:

1) You don't get to order.
The Chef decides what you eat, and he serves you whatever is freshly available that day. This means you better be able to eat anything or otherwise insult the chef! Jordan once you eat real sushi we'll have to take you here!!!

2) You get REAL Wasabi.
Since real Wasabi Root is so expensive, most sushi places give Wasabi that is actually green-colored horseradish. Others give you Wasabi that was reconstituted from a Dry powder. Here they actually get the REAL root and grind it fresh daily. It makes a huge difference!

The food was so good we ended up staying until closing time. I have to say that this is still the best sushi that I have had. This includes the sushi that I had in Japan! While I did get to try some new / interesting fish in Japan, the flavor and presentation is still better here!

Next post will be about the Wat Thai temple in North Hollywood!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a great place to dine. I love sushi but I am VERY picky--no cuke or avocado!!! I would probably piss the chef off...or just sit quietly and pick out the icky stuff.

Anonymous said...

How is Vanessa affording to keep eating there?! James, you better be paying. Mr. W has said he is never going back, but college roommie Diana is so excited about it that she expects us to go there when she visits at the end of the month.

Anonymous said...

Flat Coke - if you're talking about cucumbers or avocado, you are not having "real" sushi.

Ano the Blogger said...

I was paying! :)

Why does Mr. W not want to go back? It's so good!!! Yum!

Flat Coke - There wasn't any avocado in the sushi. They aren't rolls so all you have is fish on rice. I dont know what cuke is though?

Anonymous said...

Cuz Mr. W ranted and raved for the next 2 weeks about how ridiculously overpriced that sushi was. I think his ex is overpriced, but whatever.