Monday, May 14, 2007

The Train! The Train!

This was my first long train ride in Japan. We were on our way to Izu. We picked up some Bento lunch boxes for the ride. Below is the one that I got. Yes, those are disposable lunch boxes. Aren't they kind of intricate??


Here's what was inside. Yes it's kind of jumbled up because I started digging through it before I realized i should have taken a picture first :) Oh well. You have fish cakes, fish, bamboo, mochi, plums, rice balls, some meat, carrots, and condiments! It was quite good!


Below is a picture of my friend's lunch box. They sure spend a lot of attention to their presentation! Everything from the Bentos to Snack foods come wrapped in fancy packages.

This is Kevin's lunch. He went for a burger and sandwhich! Boooo!!!!

This is the view out the window of the train! There's so much water in Japan that many of the train rides had scenic vistas of the ocean, lakes, streams, or rivers!



Below is a picture of a small bay that we passed by on our way to Izu!
The next trip post will be about Izu! Home of the Wasabi!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well other than the rice I probably wouldn't have eaten much out of those boxes so I would have opted for a burger too. ha It looks like a fun day on the train. I didn't realize there was so much water in Japan!

Vanessa said...

The food looks yummmy! I had lunch not too long ago...but see this makes my hungry all over again!

Japanese are so into presentation. When ever we host to them we would take them to the Anaheim White House and they were so impressed with the presentation

The view is so beautiful! I bet that was one great train ride!

Whine Girl said...

those photos actually cracked me up because you see chinese.. chinese.. and then a burger. I'd so be the one ordering american food on my trip to another country