Monday, June 25, 2007

"Do not tell a lie!"

So last weekend we went to Sushi Gen in Los Angeles as a going away party for my friend Joe. He got a post-doc assignment in switzerland so he's going to be gone for quite awhile. It was quite an interesting night.

When we got there the restaurant was PACKED and the wait was 1 hour long! While we were waiting there was a party of people waiting to be seated. We heard a name get called, and they went into the restaurant.

Moments later, they were ushered back out of the restaurant, and I heard the host from the restaurant say in a heavy Japanese accent "Do not tell a lie!"

We were surprised to hear that, so we turned around to see what the commotion was.

This guy then proceeded to CHEW OUT the party that was waiting lol. He was like, "You cannot sit! Must wait until everyone is here! When sally comes you come tell me. Then you sit! You can sit Sushi Bar, or table! But do not tell a lie!! You wait for party." And he went on like this for a good few minutes!

After he left, one of the girls said, "Geez who is the customer here!?!?!?" Lol.... I guess that party tried to pretend that their whole party was there and get a seat. Apparently this other girl was over an hour late!

When they eventually called our name, two of our party was out in the parking lot in the car. The same guy came out and he said, "Are you all here!?!?!?" And we all looked at the floor and said ... "uhm.... yea, you see... we're all here but... Two people are in the car!"

And he was like, "OK!!! Four come in. Others must wait until party is here! Sit at other table!" Lol.

Wow what an experience! But I do have to say that the price was good. For $30.00 I ordered the Sashimi Deluxe plate. It's a Gigantic plate FILLED with sashimi. A picture is below. I cant believe how much fish was on there. I actually couldn't finish it!!!!! And for any of you who ate sushi with me you know how much sushi i can eat!



Below is a picture of the fried shrimp heads from the Ama-Ebi my friend ordered. He got it as an appetizer and I was jealous it looked so good!!! I actually considered ordering one myself. But when I started eating my Sashimi and realized how much there was, I was glad I didn't.

Here's a picture of all of us. Unlike SOME bloggers *cough* of whom i won't name -- I actually am in the picture!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I can't blame the guy that was yelling, but maybe he could have done it a little nicer. Glad you enjoyed your evening.

Whine Girl said...

"You GO now!" "don't tell a lie!" sounded kinda like what the soup nazi would have done :-)

and..

fried shrimp HEADS???


ack

Anonymous said...

Dude, was this at the sushi nazi restaurant?!

So are these college friends, work friends, old HS friends, BBS friends?

James said...

Ooh, Sush Nazi looks like it was well worth it. It looks good!

Jane Doe said...

Holy moly! Your plate has so much stuff on it! And looks like a very yummy meal! *rubbing tummy & licking chops*

Ano the Blogger said...

Flat coke -- yea i really couldn't believe he chewed out that party!

Jordan - yes! Fried Shrimp Heads!!! they are Fantastic?? Have you ever had? We will get you some when you come to CA.

Cindy - No thats not even the sushi nazi restaurant!!!! It almost seemed like it though! They are high school friends of mine!

James - it was Great!

Kat - Yea it was soooo huge. I couldn't believe how much food there was!