Thursday, June 7, 2007

The Lake

Several hours on a train and a short walk later left us looking down this forest path. My friend told me that somewhere down there was a valley with a lake and a waterfall. Neat! We followed this trail for awhile which ended abruptly at a stair case that led far far down, but was blocked off with "Danger! Closed due to Typhoon" signs. Woooops!!!!!

So instead of the direct path down, we had to walk down this winding road. Since cars had to drive down, it wasn't very steep and just winded its way down. Grrr! Here is a photo of lowest curve of the road that kind of zig-zagged its way down:


After complaining of the 30 minute or so walk we had to take, we finally reached our destination and saw this beautiful waterfall running down this rock wall!


A little further down the road we finally get a view of the lake. Wow!!!

All that walking made me hungry, so we went to a restaurant there to have lunch. They were serving fresh fish from the lake and here's the meal that I ordered. Pay special attention to the item on the top-right corner:
That is the sashimi dish. But what they had done was take a freshly caught fish, cut it up sashimi style, then put the sashimi BACK into the fish, and put the whole fish onto the plate! So the fish was staring right back at me as I was picking away at its flesh eating it! Yikes!

Here's a picture after I finished eating the sashimi of the remaining fish:

After Lunch, we headed down to the lake. Apparently you can rent boats and go row across it! So we did! There was a great waterfall that we rowed to:


A little bridge crosses over this narrow part of the stream. Here's a picture of the bridge from far below:


And here's a picture from the bridge of the boats below:

I have to say that THIS was a scenic place! I was really impressed. The pictures really don't do the place justice!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH Wow it looks so pristine! I would love to go there, but I'd have to make sure they cut the head off that fish first. I'd just as soon it not be staring back at me. The soup looked good!

Beautiful pictures!

Jane Doe said...

Makes me regret no seeing the waterfalls in HI. But that is ok... Santa is from Hawaii and is gonna take me! Soon I will have pictures like that to show off :)

Anonymous said...

I'll be going to HI in September, maybe I'll see you there, Kitty Kat!

I like how in all your posts/photos, the topics are "here's the mandatory coupla shots of the surroundings, blah blah, now HERE's the FOOD!" We know what was important to you in Japan!

Jane Doe said...

Cindy I am so jealous! EVERYONE is going to HI, except me! *sigh* Paul is there RIGHT NOW! Sent me a text saying "Aloha!" I hope I get to go soon!

Anonymous said...

I thought you just said you were going to go with Santa!

Ano the Blogger said...

Cindy - lol, oh come on, there isn't food in EVERY post is there???? Unless you count the black goodness food... Although I suppose some people might!

Ahh Hawaii!!! Haven't been there in over 10 years now!