Monday, June 4, 2007

The Second Pension

Another train ride and we arrive at Uchinomaki station. I'm finally starting to feel better now, thank goodness! Here's a picture at the station. The guy next to me is the owner of the next Pension that we went to. For $85.00 he picked us up from the train station (and took us back each day so we could go sight seeing), cooked us dinner, breakfast, and provided us a room to stay in. He did everything himself!


The pension was nestled in the middle of a beautiful forest. Here are some pictures of the road leading to the place.

A little bit further down the road:

And this is the pension itself:

I think Jordan wanted to see some beds!!! Here you go Jordan! This was our room. We were the only ones there so he gave us the largest room! It was massive with room for 5, a little living room area, and our own bathroom.
Dinner that night was great! It was also the first meal that I could actually taste after being sick. The first course is a salad dish pictured below. It was an extremely tasty salad of mixed greens, salmon, and sashimi meat. The meat tasted great. I thought it was beef at first, but after tasting it it was obvious that it wasn't beef. I later learned it was horse, which I really wouldn't want to eat :(! But it did taste good. This region we were in is apparently famous for their horse and cattle.


The next dish is the obligatory fish dish that comes with every meal:

Followed by a steak that came from the locally raised cattle. It was extremely juicy and delicious!

Dessert was some kind of pudding. Yum!

4 comments:

Jane Doe said...

*sigh* I just wrote a comment and all-of-a-sudden it went away. Darn this computer!

Anywho... Like I was saying!

You always have great photos of food! I am seriously drooling over all the different plates (except the horse and beef)!

And the road pixs of the Pension are beautiful! Now I want to visit!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that pension is in Japan! It looks more like New England!

You ate a HORSE?! *gasping, covering mouth with one hand while pointing at you with the other*

That guy in the photo cooked all that food for you guys? I need to date a Japanese guy.

Anonymous said...

WOW Those beds look comfy! Horse? You ate HORSE? All I can think about is Mr. Ed

Ano the Blogger said...

Kitty- Don't you hate that when it happens??? Yea I took so many pictures of food in Japan because of how wonderfully they were prepared. I LOVED the roads to the pension. The pictures dont do the place justice!

Cindy - Yep, the pensions in Japan are almost european style. Both in the food preparation and in the buildings. Yea .. I a horsie :( *sniff* That guy did all the cooking!

Flat Coke - Yea.. I know! And its not just horse meat they sell there. There's horse soap. Horse oil. Horse meat. Horse Tongue. It's amazing how much stuff they do with horse products there. I dunno what was up. I guess the region simply specializes in horse.